Date: October 13, 2022
Here at Read, we understand that the planet is our only home and it desperately needs our help. The climate crisis is one of the most important issues of our time and we believe each and every one of us has a shared responsibility to take action. That is why we’ve put sustainability at the core of what we do.
We want to do everything we can to reduce our own impact on climate change, so this year we have appointed Positive Planet to measure our carbon footprint and consider the broader environmental impacts of our services.
With their help, we’re making small but significant changes wherever and whenever we can. We’re far from perfect but we believe lots of small efforts, repeated day in, day out, go a long way to achieving our goal of becoming a carbon-neutral business.
Here are just a handful of the things we’re doing as a team to reduce our carbon footprint:
- We’re measuring our carbon footprint with Positive Planet to reduce our carbon emissions
- The Read team members work from home most of the time, which significantly reduces our CO2 emissions.
- We’ve replaced the majority of business meetings with video conferencing to avoid unnecessary travel.
- We provide laptops to all team members, which require less energy than desktops.
- We use cleaning companies who use environmentally friendly cleaning products to keep our oceans safe.
- We recycle waste paper, cardboard, plastic and tin cans and reuse them when and where we can.
- We’re proud to announce we are paperless, meaning we favour digital files over physical ones.
- We shop locally where practical and support local businesses.
Although small, we believe the impact is mighty. We actively encourage our clients and candidates to make similar steps where they can, in the fight in this aggressive battle climate crisis poses. We also encourage our whole team to think about what they do at home – a home is one thing we all have in common, and any positive changes we can all make WILL make a difference.
Head over to our friends at Positive Planet to find tips and tricks on how you can actively fight climate change – https://positiveplanet.uk